- Consumers rated a whopping 9.2 million times from October to December, and we donated a record amount to our 12 charity partners.
- Winners of the website vote were Child’s i Foundation, Families First, Humpty Dumpty Foundation and Right to Play.
- TruRating UK Team take over the city dressed as Santas for Child’s i Foundation and celebrate World Smile Day with Smile Train.
- US Team celebrate the holidays with Families First.
The last quarter of 2017 was a BOOM-tastic one for us, with a record number of ratings collected and a record amount donated to our 12 charity partners.
As a quick summary, every time a consumer rates in-store or online, we share a bit of TruLove and increase our donation pool. At the end of every quarter, we split this into individual donations for each of our charity partners based on a consumer vote on our website.
With this round of donations we are able to help:
- Smile Train provide life changing cleft-palate surgery to 6 more children
- Right to Play provide 92 days of play for young refugees
- We Charity donate 37 School Kits to eager learners
- Our other charity partners continue to help and supporting vulnerable children all over the world
Congratulations to the winners of our consumer vote who received the largest shares of the donation pool: Child’s i Foundation (UK), Families First (US), Humpty Dumpty Foundation (Australia), Right to Play (Canada).
But that’s not all, this quarter was also a busy time for our team. Here’s a summary of just a few activities we did with our charity partners:
World Smile Day with Smile Train
The start of the quarter saw us celebrating World Smile Day on October 6th, raising awareness for Smile Train. We were delighted that members of the Smile Train UK team joined us as we finished the week with a few drinks, cupcakes and balloons.
Santa in the City Run, raising over £1,800 for Child’s i Foundation
On December 6th, over 20 of our UK team put on their Santa suits and ran 5km around London. Yes, it was cold and, yes, we may have stopped for a drink or two mid-way through (can you blame us?) but there was also a lot of laughing and a surprising amount of competition.
In total, we raised over £1,800 for Child’s i Foundation and it was an honor to have Lucy, the charity’s founder, run alongside us. Special mention goes to Sam Bell who came 1st in the race among the TruRating team.
Families First Holiday Party
On December 20th, we were tasked with transforming a room at Families First‘s Atlanta headquarters into Santa’s workshop, and we went all out for the event. Our own Ashleigh did a bang-up job transforming the room into a winter wonderland, Ty put on the big white beard and with a hearty “ho ho ho” welcomed dozens of children attending the holiday party.
A photographer captured the kids’ visit with Santa and sent them home with a nice memento. Around 150 people were in attendance and a merry time was had by all.
So here’s to 2018—a year of increased ratings, increased donations and further TruCharity activities.
To learn more about the charities we partner with in your region, click here. As always, if you have a charity that you would like to suggest, let us know.
We are always looking for new team members to help take TruRating to the next level, if you have been inspired by TruCharity, our products and our culture, click here to see the latest jobs.